Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't believe my heart...

There are a million quotes out there that basically tell you that you should just follow the heart....
 Lately though, I've been a little weary of my heart and it's inexplicable instructions.

I want to scream at it and tell it to just shut up for a minute. I love love. I love to love, love to be in it, love to experience it - but sometimes it, while the ache is raw, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Is there anything more misleading, confusing and disorientating as the heart? Then in the same breath, is there anything that makes you feel more sure, secure, happy, and fulfilled than following this petulent being that just wants what it wants?


I don't know what to think, I don't know what to feel, but I'm stuck between ignoring what my heart wants and just throwing caution to the wind and doing exactly what it wants me to do. It's not even exclusive to realtionships, it's about work, play, life.


One day at a time for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails