Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cafe Del Sol...

* Disclaimer: I tried and tried to rotate some of these images - but they are striking against me.*

Last week, my team and I went for a very beautiful lunch and Joburg gem of a restaurant. The purpose of the lunch was to bid farewell to a true Ogilvy heroine, the awesome Miss Kay.

Cafe Del Sol is exquisite, welcoming family run Italian restaurant in the northern suburbs of Jozi. Incredible deco with inspirational quotes plastered on the walls, the floors, printed on cushions and napkins. The staff are friendly and well versed on the menu. It is just perfect - save for the lacking in a smoking section. (They have a comfy couch outside for those of who take part in the terribly satisfying habit)
Sideways view of the bar area.

Another squint view - main restaurant area

There's a sweet little corner with this beautiful couch

Oscar Wilde

Two of my colleagues - Shannon and Sethabile. We arrived a little early - no complaints

This fountain makes the most calming sound through the restaurant

Cushions with quotes










They have the most incredible tea collection - this was the chamomile

Look at all the flavours - less than R20

Predictably I had the Vanilla Bean - my favourite scent and taste


skew team

I completely forgot what this was - think it was the wrapped chicken

Squid heads

I had the stuffed calamari - delicious
Will certainly go back. Considering it is around the corner from my house. Super Bonus - they serve Diemersfontein Pinotage.

Cafe Del Sol - 011 704 6493

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails