Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hello Headwrap / Turban

I used to wrap my head in scarves and shawls many many moons ago and have recently started trying it out again. It is fun, adds some element that stops young men from hollering 'hey shortie' when they "greet", and a spot of colour when needed.

Steph O'Conner  - of Conner Varin Photography - and I were chatting about styling hair and head-wraps and how there are minimal examples out there of how to style braided or natural hair, and how to tie different head-wraps.
I'm properly struggling a) Finding interesting ways to style my long braids and b) tie 4 metres worth of beautiful fabric around my head.

Need to practice more.

These pictures of my latest try were taken by Anthony Bila. 


I was thoroughly bored with my outfit on this day, so the turban totally helped

With the lady who has inspired the recent head wrapping  - Lethabo Boogy Maboi

Me, Steph and Boogy. - Image by StrussBob

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails