Monday, July 23, 2012

a modela for iStyle

So a few months ago I got an unexpected message from City Press Lifestyle writer Zama Nkosi to ask if I'd be interested in taking part in the City Press iMag, iStyle,  feature. Of course I was completely flattered and it took a moment to wonder if she was maybe asking the rugby playing Akona Ndungane and mistakenly sent me the message:) Turns out not to have been the case and I finally agreed. 

She then sent me a layout of a previos iStyle feature they'd done with some gorgeous shoe designer whose name I have since misplaced in my head. Her profile was so beautiful and interesting, glossy and delicious. I could not believe she thought me worthy of such.

The shoot happened on a sunny afternoon at 44 Stanley. I was extremely nervous! The brief was to bring an outfit and accessories that I loved and had a story to tell about myself. Not as easy as it would seem. At the time I was (and still am) going through a bit of a body confused stage. The stylist, Zama and Photographer were all really encouraging and friendly, which made the nervousness a little less paralysing. 

This was the final product. Some of my favourite items at that time. Featured in 22 July issue of City Press magazine. Princess for a day. 
 

Hopefully if you click on the image you can read the good bits.

Thank you to Maria McCloy for always having such beautiful goodies - the skirt and the earrings are from her Market on Main stall. 
Thank you Zama Nkosi for giving me the opportunity to be a princess for a day, and making my blabbering sound good from the interview. Please pass along my thanks to your team. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails