Monday, June 6, 2011

Ma went to Dukes...

There is a milkshake and burger heaven and it is called Dukes

Before I continue, please take note of the address  - 14 Gelneagles road, Greenside. Etch it into your mind and never forget.

Dawn and I had a delicious lunch at Dukes yesterday afternoon,  after my milkshake craving would not subside. A twitter-friend (who has become my craving angel) Robyn Clark suggested Dukes as the place to get awesome milkshakes in a comfortable setting.

All the reviews online rave about the place and when I saw the pictures of the burgers - I was sold. Dukes is... Love

This is my new happy place. The service is genuinely friendly, the staff are interested in the restaurant and the customers, the setting is comfortable and relaxed; could easily spend hours there without even realising, the milkshakes are delicious and creamy, the food, oh my goodness the food. Just reading the menu, I was salivating. You will most certainly do the same. Everything is reasonably priced and well worth it.

To the left, is my Mev. Vark. (or Miss Piggy) with bacon and chorizo sausage. Also had half portion sweet potatoe wedges and half portion of chips. The wedges and chips are drizzled with the most delicious balsamic reduction - I almost licked the plate because of it. Dawn had a salsa burger, also delicious I assume from the moans with every bite.

And of course - the real reason I was even there... The milkshakes. That's Dawn and her Oreo milkshake. I had a Chai Tea one. Absolutely divine.

 They have a little outside courtyard area - perfect for us smoker and those opposed to roadside / pavement dining. The blankets were a welcome bonus.

Inside they have these gorgeous grand couches...


Thank you Dukes for a splendid Sunday afternoon. I'll most definitely be back.


Almost forgot that we ran into Lebogang having a meeting. Cutie pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails