Thursday, June 2, 2011

Intoxication...

"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication"  
Nietzsche, Friedrich

Found this quote a while ago, and at first I didn't get it, but then it hit me. It is similar to two things I've always said and believed. One being "That the world is moved by love; everything we do is about, for and the result of love" and the other being " The truth is art"

A high school friend once said to me that it is all good and well to have a vision, but you must also become a slave to that vision. And it makes complete sense.

My destiny is my passion, my passion is my love, my love which moves me and moves the world, my world where my truth is the art I create - the truth which I'm intoxicated by. My core. My purpose. My dreams which are my reality.

So, I ask myself, if I know all of this, why then am I afraid of my own greatness? The greatness I know fuels me to live my truth?

What if today, we lived became slaves to our vision?

1 comment:

  1. as long as we dont get vain then why not indulge in our passions and abilities. just found your blog,lovely

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails