Friday, March 19, 2010

#CreativeActivists


A few weeks ago I went to a workshop during Design Indaba 2010 that the Cape Town Fashion Council hosted. The theme was looking in our own backyard for fashion inspiration. Anyway, they had a nice panel of speakers and at the end the question and answer bit got a little heated with fashion designers in the audience getting a little riled up.


Nkhensani (I love this woman) was a panel speaker, as a representative of her design label Stoned Cherrie, and during her talk said something about being a Creative Activist. This 'title' stuck with me - to the point that I wanted run out and get myself business cards with this title. The next best thing though - I'm starting a section on the blog called Creative Activists dedicated to people striving for creative excellence in any field. Some will be in depth interviews, some just nods to people who deserve the credit..

#LiveFearlessly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails