Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pieces by Pap - Siyabonga Ngwekazi

"no one knows what it means but its provocative, it gets the people going"

Found out yesterday that Siyabonga Ngwekazi aka ScoopMakhathini was launching his new label, Pieces by Pap, that he designed..
FOMO is not my friend, so I made missions to gatecrash the soiree at Arts on Main last night, and so very glad I did.

Pieces by Pap is a baby I think has been long overdue. Siya is incredibly stylish young man who has conversations with the world through his attire. This impresses me especially because I believe that 'expression is the key to our reality' and this multi-talented young man was due to share his style and expression with the world through fashion he creates.

Thomas Gumede, friend, comedian and co-star of reality show Forever Young,  was the MC for the evening, and introduced his friend as only Thomas can, with humour and respect and awe-inspiring love that filled the room. His pride could not be missed.
Scoop then thanked us for being there and introduced us to 4 samples of his men's pieces. I apologise for not taking any picture of the items.

Fish Eagle was part sponsor of the evening, and I was pleasurably distracted by this Fish Eagle ginger cocktail that I just couldn't get enough of.

The evening was rather enjoyable, met some fantastic people, including the refreshing empress and iSangoma @Noksangoma,  caught up with some other lovely people I hadn't seen in a while. Twas fun.

Here are the pictures I did manage to take.
 Lethabo 'Boogy' Maboi of Trunks and Cast, was in the BEST outfit of the night!

 Phuti laced the beats. Check her out on Soundcloud


And of course, the man of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails